From bringing order to the manufacturing floor to reshaping the workplace the way the Internet has, the Internet of Things (IoT) will fundamentally change the way organisations operate, make money, and deliver value to customers.
Any IoT strategy must be thought of in terms of years and decades, and most of the six key components of an IoT strategy are not technology orientated, which is why business transformation capability is vital to any organisation’s adventure into the future.
Ensure you have people who can:
1. Develop the business case
2. Explore how the IoT fits your industry
3. Experiment with new or improved Services
4. Identify a good Partner
5. Use the IoT to drive new business models
6. Be patient and prepared for the inevitable roadblocks
Read more about how to plan for the day when nearly everything is connected and discover this executive’s guide to the Internet of Things.