Cranfield Secrets of Successful Programmes
It is astonishing that with so many published lessons learned and bodies of knowledge that most programmes continue to suffer a common set of symptoms that make them prime candidates for chaos and confusion.
Programme management is not rocket science, and yet organisations in every industry and country place responsibility in the hands of people who are unfamiliar with the critical success factors, capabilities and techniques required to facilitate successful programme outcomes.
Through their research, Cranfield identified and explored findings covering the following seven programme components:
- Strategic intent
- Organisational need and readiness assessment
- Business strategy & capability development
- Business cases & managing uncertainty
- Governance, stakeholder and relationship management
- Programme resourcing and organisational learning
- Programme portfolio management